If you have been the victim of sexual discrimination and feel that your rights have been violated regarding Title IX at an educational institute, you should probably consider getting an education lawyer who will help you get proper justice. You must understand that such cases proceed very quickly and therefore, you might not have a lot of time to prepare on your own. An education lawyer for Title IX will go through the policies of the institute regarding such matters and also make sure that evidence and witnesses are not manipulated.
When should you get in touch with an education lawyer for Title IX?
- Sexual assault and harassment: Whether you are the victim or the complainant, you should consider getting an education lawyer who will not just prepare your case but also protect your rights. He will help you prepare the questions that will be asked during the interviews and also help document a written appeal.
- Discrimination in an athletic program: If you feel that the coach or the educational institute has sexually discriminated against you in a matter of athletic programs, you should get in touch with an education lawyer who will help you get proper justice.
- Pregnancy discrimination: Most educational institutes provide various rights to their teachers and staff during pregnancy. However, at times, during pregnancy, your basic pregnancy rights may get violated and someone at the institute may misbehave with you or you might not get proper treatment as per the policies of the institute. If such is the case, a higher education lawyer will help you with your situation.
- Stalking: This also comes under sexual harassment and is also included under Title IX. If you are the victim or have been wrongly accused of stalking, you should get an attorney who will protect you and your case.
- Violence in a relationship: Title IX also covers violence that happens in student relationships. If you are the victim of such violence, finding an attorney will preserve your rights and also ensure your safety. However, if you are the victim of a wrongful accusation, it will not only damage your reputation at the institute but also your future goals and aspirations. Therefore, whatever the case, get legal help and protect yourself from such situations.
Title IX covers a wide range of protection from sexual discrimination and harassment and it not only gives protection to the victim but also to the accused.